Heavy Metal Steel Company, Inc. is a woman-owned and operated rebar construction contractor, certified as an Economically-Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), WOSB, WBE and DBE, NAICS 238120, DUNS 067103904. Based in San Diego, Heavy Metal installs rebar – reinforcing steel rods, bars and mesh - throughout California in projects of any size. The company has placed rebar in military bases, office buildings, warehouses, schools, hotels, assisted living facilities, apartment buildings, retail shops, an R&D building, electrical substations and switching stations, shopping centers, and a museum.
Why choose Heavy Metal Steel:
1. Woman-owned. WOSB certificate #191121, DBE #47133.
2. Experienced. The company employs journeyman iron workers with substantial experience, some for as long as thirty years.
3. Fast. Heavy Metal can get projects done more quickly without sacrificing quality. If time is tight, Heavy Metal can help.
4. Safe. The company possesses an excellent safety record.
5. Flexible: Heavy Metal can do a wide variety of rebar jobs, of any size, anywhere in California. The company is also licensed in Utah.
6. Well-insured: Eight million dollars in general liability insurance, in addition to Workers Compensation and auto.
Meet the Team
Company President Linda Rosenberg's experience includes more than twenty years as a rebar contractor, Project Manager, estimator, detailer, and Project Designer.
Vice President of Field Operations and Superintendent
Eric Zenor has more than thirty years of field experience in rebar. He formerly was Regional Superintendent for a major rebar construction company.
Executive Vice President and CFO
Arnold Rosenberg has more than forty years of experience as a business attorney, including four years as General Counsel of a construction lender. He is a former partner in a prominent law firm and alumnus of Harvard Law School.
Licenses and Certifications
Cal. CSLB C-50 Reinforcing Steel Lic. No. 1042540; Utah B-100 General Contractor Lic. No. 11320044-5501
U.S. Small Business Administration
US Women's Chamber of Commerce
Economically-Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB)
Women's Business Enterprise Council: WBE #1901510
Woman-Owned Business Enterprise, Woman-Owned Small Business
CalTrans/US DOT/Cal. Unified Certification Program:
DBE Firm ID 47133
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
Supplier Clearinghouse (Cal. PUC):
Women Business Enterprise
State of California Dept. of General Services, SB #2013185
Small Business Enterprise
9. Dispute Resolution. Any dispute between the parties shall be resolved through mediation. If not resolved, disputes will be resolved through binding arbitration in San Diego County, California under the California Arbitration Act. Buyer waives any right to trial by jury and waives any right to bring a class action or "private attorney general" action against Seller through arbitration or in any other forum.
We welcome resumes from iron workers with significant rebar experience who are interested in employment. Please send your resume to: Linda Rosenberg, President, Heavy Metal Steel Company, Inc., 16870 West Bernardo Drive, Suite 400, San Diego, California 92127 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an "at-will", equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, medical condition, national origin, sexual preference, or marital status.